Specializing in non-profit scientific & medical society management since 1992.
Rhema Association Management is owned and managed by Joan Oefner, entrepreneur, association executive, meeting planner & web designer.
Prior to association management, Joan was the Director of Conference Services for Beaver Run Resort & Conference Center, Breckenridge, CO, USA. Joan founded Rhema Association Management in San Francisco in 1992 to provide non-profit association management specifically to scientific and medical societies.
International scientific and medical societies with members from all over the world rely heavily on their websites and online communications to keep their members informed, engaged and part of the community. By harnessing well featured online technologies, especially open source, affordable solutions, a non-profit society’s website can be transformed into a highly functional, efficient and user friendly society office. This has revolutionized the way non-profit societies with small or no staffs can manage their growth and focus their resources on their missions. We specialize in providing non-profit scientific and medical societies professional management that is enhanced by a website content management system working together with an online association management system.
- Conference Services & Full Event Planning
- Excellent site selection & negotiation skills honed from 10 years working in hotel management before spending the last 25 years planning scientific and medical meetings all over the USA, Canada, Europe and Japan!
- Working together with program chairs and committees to support their program development.
- Setting up online registration, abstract submission and award submission/review, social networking and hotel reservation sites integrated with meeting websites.
- Advertising the meeting, mostly through electronic means, social networks, free listings on associated society’s websites and journals, spreading the word through multiple sources simultaneously. Seeking out strategic endorsements and sponsorship to distribute meeting announcements via email to target audiences.
- Budgets and real time financial updates, very detail oriented breaking down fixed and variable costs.
- Communicating with registered attendees, invited speakers, sponsors and exhibitors to give everyone as much information as possible to ensure they arrive safely, smoothly and can’t wait to come to the next meeting.
- Onsite details, analysis of guaranteed numbers, food and beverage orders and arrangements of special events, offsite as well as onsite.
- Exhibitions and sponsorship programs.
- Trainee travel awards, special programs for students, post-docs, trainees and young investigators such as room sharing networks and abstract award recognition to motivate, encourage and mentor the next generation of leaders.
- Setting up, designing and maintaining responsive websites utilizing WordPress which our clients can easily administrate through multiple, authorized contributors such as web editors and section editors.